Thankful Thursday: In-laws

Today I just want to share how thankful I am for my in-laws.  I know many people do not have a good relationship with their parents-in-law, but I feel very blessed to have gained another set of parents when I married Ben.  Visiting them isn’t something I dread, but something I enjoy.

My in-laws live the perfect distance away.  Three hours is an easy trip, even with kiddos.  We can visit fairly often.  But…they aren’t on my doorstep every day.  (Just kidding, Sissy!)

Mom & Dad Hamilton have been a particular blessing as we have started deputation.  We have dropped in numerous times to split the distance between a meeting and home.  We have used them as a “base of operations” as we visit New England churches.  Sometimes we call the day of and say, “Can we stop by for supper?”  They are always glad to have us, even on short notice.

In fact, the sheets in the guest room are ours, and the pack n plays have remained set up, just waiting for our arrival! 

We got to stop by last Friday to celebrate Elaine’s birthday with Grandma & Grampa.  We then left all four kids with them so Ben and I could go to our NH meeting alone (which also happened to be our anniversary).  Before departing we enjoyed a lovely fall hike at Ashuwillticook Trail. 

Fall Walk in MA
I got them all looking!

Fall Walk in MA
Liberty enjoyed walking with Grampa – and then she decided to turn into a collector.  She actually tried to pick up every leaf from the trail.  When she got too many, she shoved them in Grampa’s hands while she collected more.  She does like to clean up the toys at home, but I had never seen her like this!  She’s going to have a clean house one day!

Fall Walk in MA

Fall Walk in MA

Fall Walk in MA

Fall Walk in MA

Fall Walk in MA
The “bigs” with Grandma. 

Comments