Thankful Thursday

Today is my mom’s birthday.  (She’s 29, for those who are wondering!)  I am so thankful for her influence in my life.  I think I appreciate her now that I am a mom myself, and I realize the millions of little, unnoticed tasks that a mother does to keep her children happy and her household running.  I’m sure I have no idea how many sleepless nights she spent with me when I was sick, or maybe even worrying about me and the choices I was making.  How many late Christmas Eve’s she spent finishing homemade gifts and getting things ready for a special Christmas.  How many times she gave up her own time to drive me places or pick me up at work.  Thanks mom – I may not have appreciated it then, but I sure do now!

It is hard to raise your kids in a Christian environment with the world all around.  But my mom always made sure we were in church, and Bible study, and youth group activities.  She encouraged us to have devotions and she made sure we went to summer camp every year to hear the Word of God without distraction.  And I know there were countless lessons and conversations that happened everyday which helped shape my life into what it is now.

I love you Mom- Happy Birthday!

Elaine, Andrea, and Grandma Godby on the Brooklyn Bridge

Godby Family Pictures

Mom visits Andrea's new home

Comments

  1. Aww, you made me cry! What a sweet gift your words are to my Mom heart! I love you and am so glad you didn't mention my many failures! How good of God to do the real work! I love you dear daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email address if you need a response to your comment, or check back here to see my reply in the comments section.