Niagara Falls

Something I've wanted to do for a while is visit Niagara Falls.  I don't really have a "bucket list," but if I did, seeing Niagara Falls would be on it.  Our trip from Rome, NY to Wanatah, IN took us basically right through Buffalo, NY so we were able to make a quick {and very cold} stop to see the American side of the Falls.  Some day I would love to go back and take the boat ride in the summer...
 




The sun was in their eyes, and Elaine had just sneezed.  But...we were there!


It wasn't quite as enormous as I had imagined, but I think it was because of the amount of ice at the bottom, and quite a bit of the Falls was shrouded in mist so I couldn't see it completely.  We walked out to the observatory bridge as far as it was open.  The kids were more interested in throwing ice chunks over the fence than in seeing the waterfall or getting their picture taken!
 

Nehemiah and Elaine wanted their pictures taken.
 
We had a "picnic" lunch indoors at the closed café.  When we were finished, we let the squirrels have Liberty's bread crusts.  No pictures of this as we had watched some other tourists feeding the squirrels, and the squirrels climbing the legs of the people trying to get more food!  I was on guard duty to make sure the squirrels didn't climb the kids while Ben handled the feeding.  I did however catch this pretty fellow in the trees after the squirrels realized we were out of food.
 
 

These two were happy to be outside in the snow (and out of their carseats), but even happier to get some food!
 

Comments