40 Weeks

20150820_051113000_iOSToday was my due date.  It has come and almost gone and still no baby.  This is the first pregnancy that I have gone late.  I “celebrated” this day by keeping active…trying to jumpstart labor…and some last minute nesting.  The bathroom got a thorough scrubbing, I did the laundry, took several small walks, got the oil changed in the van, and had an appointment with the midwife.  Baby 5 seemed content to sleep through everything.  They couldn’t even get him active for the non-stress test!  He is measuring an estimated 7 pounds 12 ounces (biggest baby yet), and my amniotic fluid is decreasing which often indicates labor/birth is near at hand.  The fluid in his kidneys is remaining stable and the doctor is no longer concerned about it very much.

Here’s to hoping he arrives tomorrow or Sunday when my “favorite” midwives are on call!

40 Weeks Baby #5

This poem was on the wall in the exam room…and I thought it was a little encouraging!

20150820_194553399_iOS

20150820_194557364_iOS

Comments